We were honoured and delighted to be a part of Debra’s 2018 Annual Members Conference this year - providing management and a variety of services throughout the day.
The day involved a lot of prior planning.
However, having worked on large scale conferences, we were able to bring a lot of knowledge and experience, whilst ensuring the day was managed professionally and effectively from start to finish.
Below is an overview of our services and equipment, which we provided as part of a bespoke Production package for Debra UK.
The day was split into two parts – The day; which consisted mostly of Conferences, Live speakers and activities for the members to take part in.
The evening was a time for guests to relax and to enjoy a sit-down meal, live performers and a DJ/Disco.
DAY - CONFERENCE
VIDEOGRAPHY and FILMING
- CONFERENCE – video capture of the days conferences, lighting, sound and presentation equipment – image projection and live screens.
- INTERVIEW – video capture of personal interviews during the day.
- HIGHLIGHT CAPTURE – video capture throughout the day capturing memorable and important moments.
- EDITING – full editing of the above days filming.
- 2 ROAMING PHOTOGRAPHERS – image capture of staff members, as well as capturing the essence and positive feel of the charities event.
EVENING – ENTERTAINMENT
- LIGHTING – effective lighting for presentations, as well as evening entertainment.
- SOUND – premium sound quality.
- EQUIPMENT HIRE – Lighting displays, Up-lighting, Screens, DJ, Dance Floor, Custom DEBRA Logo LED light up Letters.
- LIVE PERFORMERS – Magician.
SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT PROVIDED:
- Midas M32R
- RCF EVOX J8
- RCF EVOX JMIX8
- RCF NX L24-A
- RCF SUB 8003-AS II
- Sennheiser EM300 G3 - Microphone Receiver
- Sennheiser EW835 G3 - Wireless Microphone
- Lectern Mounted Microphone
- Sennheiser Lapel Microphone
Working with our in-house lighting technicians - custom light displays were created prior to the event, along with a bespoke Butterfly gobo projection to tie in with the charities logo. Colours were subtly linked to the charities colours, whilst maintaining effective lighting for filming and presentations.
- Chauvet Intimidator Hybrid 140SR
- Elation Fuze Wash Z350
- Prolight Smart Bat Plus
- Elation Satura Profile
- Encore Profile 1000 WW
- Custom Metal Gobo's
- Equinox 6x3m LED Black Star Cloth with Pipe and Drape
Prior planning ensured each conference room was equipped effectively. We worked late the night before to ensure that the majority of the equipment was set up in advance. Therefore, limiting any disruption to guests.
We provided custom options such as LED light up letters with brand coloured bulbs, which we provided free of charge.
- Custom branding
- Ramp access
- Full carpeting and stage trim
- Live view set up
- Including moving fixtures, projection and wireless uplighters
- CUSTOM LIGHT UP LETTERS
- BLACK LED DANCE FLOOR
- DJ SET UP
SERVICES AND CREW
- FILM CREW
- 2 x ROAMING PHOTOGRAPHERS
- LIGHTING TECHNICIAN
- SOUND TECHNICIAN
- SETUP CREW
- 300 Guests
- _ x Presentations
- _ x crew
- _m of carpet
“Thank you once again to you and all of your team for all of your hard work and patience, which ensured that the Members weekend ran smoothly – lots of positive feedback in emails today as well as verbal feedback yesterday!
All the Best, and please pass on my thanks to your team”
Claire Mather - Director of Healthcare, Membership and EB Support
What to consider before booking your charity conference production…
- No. of Guests – The number of guests will affect the venue size, sound and lighting required, as well as visuals for presentations. Seating and signage helps to organise lots of people to limit confusion and keep guests happy. If you are unsure of what you require, our in-house events co-ordinators can plan out a 3D render of your set up with advice and suggestions based on experience.
- Size of Venue – The size of the venue can directly impact the feel and atmosphere of the event. If the venue is too small, guests can feel frustrated and the event can feel unorganised and poorly planned. If the venue is too large for the number of guests, the event can seem unpopular. If you are unsure if your venue will be suitable, we can help review this for you.
- Accessibility – When planning a charity event, priority must be made for your guests and members. Clear signage, a warm welcome and suitable accessibility for all disabilities is extremely important. This goes for any rooms, staging or activities planned for the day. We ensure that our staging has suitable accessibility, covering cables with rubber covers to avoid any issues for wheelchairs. Here at Virtual Events we feel it is unacceptable to not provide suitable accessibility for all.
- Sound and Visual effects – A sometimes underestimated part of charity events – a large scale charity event must create a feel of professionalism. Your members must feel content that the charity can not only handle such an event, but also be impressed with how it operates. You are physically showing how the charity can be trusted to support the cause, as well as its members and donators.
- Presentation aids – To further showcase your charities professionalism and smooth running, we provide visual and physical aids such as lecterns, auto-cue, slideshow clicker, ear pieces. Ensuring even the most nervous speaker is supported as much as possible.
- Visual aesthetics – Tidy cables, carpeted staging, staging trim, truss covers and more are all used by Virtual events in either black, white or a custom colour. We feel that the finishing touches that we provide for all of our events are what sets us aside from the rest. Virtual Events will help you to make your event look its best no matter the budget.
- Linking back to your charities brand guidelines – Another aspect to consider is that a charity is much like a brand, you want to ensure that your event ties in with what you stand for and any colours or charity branding should be used wherever possible. This can include custom lighting colours to match the charities colours or custom branding on lecterns. Virtual takes the stress out of organising this by providing custom printed fixtures for equipment for a small cost.
- Filming and Photography – A great way to look back at your event. A quality video capture can provide great future marketing material, as well as enable members who could not attend on the day to not miss out on the information, updates and festivities. A roaming photographer is also a perfect addition to the day, capturing all those memorable and special moments for everyone to look back and enjoy for years to come.
- Entertainment and evening set up – To finish off a perfect day and give your guests a fun and enjoyable treat, how about ending the night with a Disco? Your guests will look forward to coming together for dinner and young ones will love to have a dance! This also gives parents the chance relax, chat and enjoy the company of others with the knowledge that they are in a safe environment. Asides from the disco, why not look to provide a children’s entertainer to keep little ones happy? Perhaps look at giving each guest a goody bag on the table, with activity books or glow bracelets for the older ones.